Hi everybody,
I have a MS Cluster with two servers running Windows/2000 Advanced Server.
On both servers I installed Oracle 8.1.7 and applied 8.1.7.3.0 Patchset then 8.1.7.3.2. So Oracle is at version 8.1.7.3.2.
I also Installed Oracle FailSafe 3.1.2.
I followed very carefully all installation steps and get successful results in all documented verification tests.
I also rebooted both servers after installing FailSafe, one after the other as the books says it should be.

Everything is set and the thing should work.
BUT... it doesn't...

When I execute Verify Cluster I get FS-11084 as listed below:

Starting clusterwide operation
** WARNING : FS-11084: Oracle Fail Safe is not installed on node SPDB002TLP
** WARNING : FS-11081: Node SPDB002TLP is not available for the specified operation. Operation continuing...

I already don't know anymore where to look. And this thing doesn't seem to be willing to cooperate.

Can anybody help with any hint ? ... as I said, I'm quite sure I didn't miss any of the basic install steps.

What can I do for debugging ? Is there some way to trace what's going on ? To identify what's going wrong ?

It's sad getting the messages without any better explanation than ... check the installation steps. I did this over and over and there's nothing wrong that I can see. It would really be good to get more info about what exactly Verify Cluster is doing to have a chance to understand what the cause of the failure is.

Ah, I would like to mention that the message always complains for the node that doesn't have the cluster. Ex: If the resources are at SPDB001TLP then the message complains about SPDB002TLP and vice-versa. But this is simply not true. As I said, everything is there and to the best of my knowledge it is correct.

Thank's in advance for any help. I think I really need it.
Bolivar