DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: standby database not in sync with primary database

Hi friends,
    I have a standby database to which archive log files are applided automatically by setting the appropriate parametes in the init.ora file of the primary database.
    Now my standby database archive log is not in sync with the primary database.
    Now do i need to manually apply the archive logs from the primary database to standby database and perform recovery.

please help me

regards
    anandkl
    anandkl

I would like to know. This was working before and now its not working OR first time you are keeping standby in auto recovery mode ?

Reddy,Sam

It was working before and now its not in sync with the primary database

regards
    anandkl
    anandkl

You have to sync up manually until the most recent log from primary and then you can keep it back in auto recovery. You do not have any other alternative other than following this when its outta sync.

Do switch a log on primary before you start applying logs manually on standby, that way by that time you apply all the logs, it will not generate another log.(I'm assuming here few logs, minimum time for log switch and applying recovery).

And make sure that before keeping it in Auto mode, log_arch_dest_state_n is 'enabled' not 'defer'.

Reddy,Sam

Also i would like to mention that we are using scripts to copy archive logs from primary database to standby database.

regards
    anankl
    anandkl

What do you mean? Is this scripts copying logs is for auto recovery/manual recovery whenever its outaa sync. I'm little confused... give me little more details version of the database, OS etc.,
    Reddy,Sam

Hi if already archive log files are in place meaning ...in correct archive directory...
    Then manually run.....
    RECOVER STANDBY DATABASE;
    it checks for the files in archive directory and try to apply all the required files...

already the database is in managed recovery mode then you have to stop it...by
    alter database recover managed standby database cancel;
    please post if you have any problem.
    Thanks.
    Thanigaivasan.

Its is in manual recover mode..

regards
    anandkl
    anandkl

You mean the script copies logs to STANDBY location and STANDBY is in manual recovery mode. Usually RFS process copies the logs to standby if you configure the service in init.ora and tnsnames.ora Right ? Which Command you use to apply recovery to STBY?

alter database recover managed standby database (auto)
    OR
    recover standby database (manual)

If its manual what happens when your session dies, after you leave your session with that command on (Say your script make sure that it copies the logs from primary).

[Edited by sreddy on 06-21-2002 at 06:06 PM]
    Reddy,Sam

reddy,
    i dint get what u mean by session dies..can u please be more clear on this...

regards
    anandkl
    anandkl