Thanks for reply but I dont understand that why am i able to take the backup of Tem at my school which has 8i and no t at home which has 9i...
Alter tablespace temp begin backup;
ORA-03217: Invalid option for alter temporary tablespace
Probably the tablespace TEMP in your 8i database wasn´t a temporary tablespace, but a normal tablespace.
There is no need to backup the temporary locally manged tablespaces because:
1. Locally managed tempfiles are always set to NOLOGGING mode. So thus will
have no undo.
2. Extents are managed by bitmap in each datafile to keep track of free or
used status of blocks in that datafile.
3. The data dictionary does not manage the tablespace.
4. Rollback information is not generated because there is no update on the
5. Media recovery does not recognize tempfiles.
And you have to create new temp tables after hot backup by using the script which will come along with the control file.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width