DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sys can not logon as sysdba

Exclamation

Hi, guys, I've got some questions on this topic.

First, why do you use ORAPWD to create a new password file and then alter sys user's password after that? Is it a duplicated job? I mean is it that doing either one can achieve the aim?

Second, you have more than one user in the password file. So when you create another password file for sys user, all the other user password information will be lost, right?

Third, what's the useage of oradim -edit -sid -intpwd command? What if I don't execute this command?

The ORAPWD is to set the password for internal, not sys. You change the sys password with the alter user command. I used the oradim to also set the internal password because I was having trouble getting it to work. The only password I had in my password file was for internal.

The Password Utility has nothing to do with SYS user . It's to create the SYSDBA's password . Note: Sysdba is different from DBA . It's much higher priviledge and basically he can do everything in the oracle ( shutdown , recovery etc )
    DBA user's job scope is much narrow .

So SYSDBA's password is stored in password file and DBA's password is stored in the system table .

Only one password can be used . You have to delete the previous one I think .

1. www.dbasupport.com
    2. www.dbforums.com
    3. www.itpub.net
    4. www.csdn.net
    5. www.umlchina.com
    6. www.tek-tips.com
    7. www.cnforyou.com
    8. fm365.federal.com.cn
    9. www.programmersheaven.com
    10.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp
    ligang1000@hotmail.com