I will appreciate if any body could help me to setup a clone databse; Pl. give me step by step instructions.
In a nutshell....
1. Create a backup controlfile
alter database backup controlfile to trace;
2. Edit the resulting trace file to rename database and change file locations.
3. Create a new init.ora for the clone
4. Shutdown original database
5. Copy the datafiles (execpt control files) to a new location.
6. Modify the /var/opt/oracle/oratab file to include the new database.
7. Create the controlfiles for the clone using the script created in step 2
Oracle Certified Professional
"Build your reputation by helping other people build theirs."
"Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but its still funny"
Click HERE to vist my website!
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width