We are installing oracle 8.1.6 on p-four machine. I can able to successfully installing the same cds for pIII machine. But for pIV the same CDs are not supporting to install.
I came to know that we have to run a patch for 8.1.6 on piv.
Please help me in this regard.
Well known issue with Pentium IV and Oracle 8i.
The reasons and the fixes are explained in details Here
Hope that helps,
OCP DBA 8/8i/9i
visit our web site: Here
1. Obtain the OUI application (~17.5MBs) under patch number 1507768 in
a. Click Patches button
b. Enter 1507768 in the Patch Number field
c. Click Submit
d. Download the patch
2. Unzip the patch.
3. Unzip the contents to a directory (~20MBs).
4. Navigate to:
Rename symcjit.dll to symcjit.dll.old
5. Invoke the OUI executable from the following directory, and install the
OUI to your hard disk:
Use/Invoke this installed OUI from Start menu > Programs, to install
Oracle 8.1.x and related products.
1. Create a temporary directory on your server.
2. Copy the entire contents of the Oracle RDBMS Server CD
to the temporary directory created in step 1.
3. Search the directory structure created in Step 1 for the existence of
the filename symcjit.dll.
4. Rename each copy of the symcjit.dll to symcjit.old.
5. Run the setup.exe from the \install\win32 directory and install Oracle
8.1.x and related products.
If you continue to experience any of the symptoms after performing either of
the workarounds above, follow these steps:
1. Copy the contents of the \install directory to a temporary directory on
2. Search for all copies of the 'symcjit.dll' file, and rename them to
3. Go to the \install directory and open the 'oraparam.ini' file for
Please note this file is write-protected.
4. Change the JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS parameter to
JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS=-nojit -ms16m -mx32m
5. Save the oraparam.ini file.
6. Start the installation again.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width