DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: exp

I'm trying to make an export from Oracle 8.1.7 creating a .BAT file.
    I make it this way:
    exp user/pass@service file=name.dmp log=name.log

I create it in the notepad,and I save it as a .bat file to execute.
    The problem is,when I execute it,a DOS window appears and starts running and running non stop.I don't know what's wrong with it.
    Any other times,same thing happens,but DOS window shows you the progress of the export,and when it finishes,window closes...
    Any help? THANKS

Thumbs up

exp user/pass@service file=name.dmp log=name.log
    this is not full script for exp
    u just mentioned here that u r taking full databse export and taking owner by export.

and second thing u just make a batch file on dos promt by using this command
    c:\>edit filename.bat...ok then try

I have done more full exports with that syntax,and they work properly.Not necessary the full sentence...but that doesn't matter,because the error would have been another,not that crazy running of the DOS prompt...
    I don't make the .bat file on DOS prompt.I just make it on a notepad sheet,and I save it as .bat.I've done it many times and works,but sometimes this thing happens too,and I don't know what's the problem...

If there's no logical explanation for this extrange thing,can somebody tell me another way to create my .dmp export file?
    I don't have any tool to do that.I just have DBA Studio,but I don't have the OMS. So I have to create that .bat files manually...
    Thanks

are you running the bat file in the location where the exp.exe is found

usually in
    oraclehome/bin

Thanks Sona,I realised that I must run .bat in the server,where the service is located.Otherwise,it doesn't work.