DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I is true?

Exclamation Is it true?

If I have passed at least one exam of 8i before June 15,
    Can I just ignore this new requirement?

Who can give me a affirmatory answer?

Thanks a lot.

Quentin

What new requirement are we taling about?
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

It looks like you are ok, but I would suggest to call prometric or oracle university to find out for sure.

[Edited by leo on 06-17-2002 at 01:50 PM]
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

Clarification on the new requirements for Oracle9i OCA/OCP designation:

If you are not an OCP for Oracle8 or Oracle8i, AND have NOT taken at lease one Oracle9i exam as of June 15th, the new requirement means you have to take at lease one ILT course or its online equivalent.

If you are not an OCP for Oracle8 or Oracle8i, AND you have taken at lease one Oracle9i exam prior to June 15th, the new requirement means nothing to you: continue taking the remainder of the exams to earn your OCP designation.

If you are an OCP for Oracle8 or Oracle8i, all you need to do is take/pass the upgrade exam(s). At this time, there is no classroom/online requirement.

Oracle now requires (as of June 15, 2002) all newly starting OCP credential candidates to complete one hands-on course in preparation for their exams and future role as an Oracle technologist. The courses are offered at Oracle University centers around the world as well as many Oracle Authorized Education Centers and Oracle Authorized Education Partners. Courses are also now available online so that candidates can complete this requirement from their home or office should travel or time be a constraint. The select courses that can be completed to fulfill this requirement are listed below:

Oracle9i Introduction to SQL
    Oracle9i Database Fundamentals I.
    Oracle9i Database Fundamentals II
    Oracle9i Database Performance Tuning
    Oracle9i Database New Features (available to those with Oracle DBA experience on previous releases)
    Introduction to Oracle: SQL and PL/SQL **
    **Not yet available in Instructor-Led Online format

Note to current OCP Candidates: OCP candidates having already completed at least one exam toward earning their OCP credential before June 15, 2002 will be permitted to earn their OCP without having completed one of these hands-on courses.