I am trying to take hot backup for all the table spaces to have a full backup of database with 9i...I took backup of all table spaces went ok....but for the temp it doesnt work and i dont think theres any diffrent cammand for that i used the following command and getting the ERROR massage:
>Alter tablespace temp begin backup;
ORA-03217: Invalid option for alter temporary tablespace
Don't back up TEMP, it cannot be recovered anyway. If you have to do a restore, just recreate the TEMP tablespace as part of the restore process.
There is no need to backup the temporary locally manged tablespaces because:
1. Locally managed tempfiles are always set to NOLOGGING mode. So thus will
have no undo.
2. Extents are managed by bitmap in each datafile to keep track of free or
used status of blocks in that datafile.
3. The data dictionary does not manage the tablespace.
4. Rollback information is not generated because there is no update on the
5. Media recovery does not recognize tempfiles.
fiza is right and DBA's agree to that. thank you fiza.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width