DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oracle not releasing processes killed couple of weeks ago

Do you have SQLNET_EXPIRE_TIME set for your environment ? If yes, this would not have happened...
    svk

I do not want to enable that parameter just because of weblogic application server connection pooling. I wanted to confirm whether DCD (dead connection detection) meachanism applies to only abnormally terminated connections or even for inactive sessions sitting idle for more than 24 hours say...

No technical document say anything about inactive sessions.

If it cleans up connections from weblogic connection pooling... I have to pack up and post my resume on web for new job.

[Edited by sreddy on 06-13-2002 at 02:05 PM]
    Reddy,Sam

Whatever I know @ this parameter, setting it up will not make you write you resume.

Before terminating the session based on this parameter, Oracle will see if the client is responding. And if that's true, the session is left alone.

But you can always test it out for your specific scenario...
    svk

I meant, except the regular user sessions rest of all the sessions(application server, informatica) will stay for hours/days in inactive status accessing database now and then... and these sessions are critical for business and time taking to repeat the task if it breaks like loading data etc.,

By any chance anybody has seen the results with this parameter ?

Seems docs says DCD applies to only connections abnormally terminated. I can double check with oracle / Test the same and post the updates.
    Reddy,Sam