if we have the case where we lost the rollback segment datafiles for examplyas follow:
1. the database crashed or shutdown abort
2. del rbs1orcl.ora
3. copy backup\rbs1orcl.ora
4. in init.ora ---> comment out the ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS
5. startup mount
6. alter database datafile 'c:\oradata\rbs1orcl.ora' offline;
7. alter database open.
1. even I comment out the ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS out so I thought Oracle won't find the existing rollback segments but I think it's still use the existing rollback_segments
2. on number 7, when I tried to open the database, even I took the missing datafile offline, but it still looks for that file and the database couldn't open.
Are you modiying the correct init.ora file?
Can you post the error messages?
Have you removed your rollback segments in the init.ora file? If not do it and try again.
If it doesn't work, try the next:
You have dropped the datafile, and put offline the datafile, but your rollback segments for the database are online. Put in the init.ora the parameter _offline_rollback_segments=(your rollback segments). Drop the rollback segments, and after reboot your database without this parameter.
I wonder wether the instance recovery process need the rollback sgement to success.
Oracle Certified Master - September, 2003, the Second OCM in China
*** LOOKING for PART TIME JOB***
Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence Expert
MCSE, CCNA, SCJP, SCSA from 1998
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width