DB Version 126.96.36.199.0
OS:- Windows 2000
I have a database with a schema called "R2". The default tablespace for this "R2" schema is "USERS" which is dictionary managed.
This is the central schema of our database where all the tables reside. We have created public synonyms of all the objects in this particular schema and have granted rights to other database users/schemas on the objects owned by "R2".
The other users are also created on the tablespace "USERS".
Now we are adding a new application which will have some of its own tables (which no other application will use) and will need to use some data from current tables residing in R2 schema / USERS tablespace
Now these are the options I have
1. Create the objects in R2 schema and USERS tablesspace
2. Create the objects in R2 schema and create a new Dictionary Managed Tablespace and place the objects there.
3. Create the Objects in R2 schema and create a new LMT and place the objects there.
4. Create the objects in a new schema and create a new Dictionary Managed Tablespace and place the objects there.
5. Create the objects in a new schema and create a new LMT and place the objects there.
Please suggest which is the best option.
Please note that at the moment I do not have any LMT in my database.
[Edited by ronnie on 05-22-2002 at 06:03 PM]
You can if you think you can.