DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Request Log

How to examine request log..?
    From where I can see the particular request if i have the request number and I also have the SYS admin rights.

Thanks,
    Harry

Harrygulls,

You can view request logs by logging into Oracle Application. Navigate to one of your responsibilities say GL or AP manager, open it. At the tool bar, click on VIEW and then REQUEST. Point your mouse to any REQUEST_ID and click on VIEW LOG. You don't need to have sysadmin in order to see request logs unless you are trying to jobs completed by sysadmin.

C.K.
    Apps DBA
    (In all you're doing, seek divine wisdom)

Thanks
    But I(as sysadmin) want see the logs requests which is submitted by other users.

Harry

Hi,

Please switch to the 'System Administrator' responsibility then choose the 'Concurrent'->'Request' menu, enter the request ID. Please notice that this 'View Request' menu is in sys admin mode, i.e. you can view all request logs in the system, except the output from other users.

If you really want to see the output that submitted by other users, you have to go to os level to view the os file instead.

Regards,

Eddy Ng

Thanks for the Info.
    In which directory it is stored.
    And on what basis should I pick up the file..?
    means how ill I recognize the file name..?

Thanks
    Harry

Hi,

The output files are stored in the directory $APPLCSF/$APPLOUT. And the file name format is determine by the $APPCPNAM. The possible values of APPCPNAM are REQID, USER, USER.REQID and the file name formats are o999999.out, ORAUSER.out and ORAUSER.999999 respectively.

If you don't know what is the value of APPCPNAM, APPLCSF & APPLOUT, please have a look on APPLSYS.env

Regards,

Eddy Ng