ORA-04043 error after applying the patches
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: ORA-04043 error after applying the patches

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    chennai,tamil nadu,india
    Posts
    159
    Hi,
    I applied the patchset 8.1.7.2 on 8.1.7.0 in solaris anf after that i recompiled some of the invalid objects.But i was unable to recompile a function NameFromLastDDL of sys schema.

    When i tried to recompile this function,it is giving me a error ORA-04043 object does not exist.When i tried to drop this function ,then also the same error message.

    I queried the dba_objects and found the name of the object as typed above not all the charachers in upper case was found as invalid.What to do now?.

    Pls. help me

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    greenwich.ct.us
    Posts
    9,092
    alter function "NameFromLastDDL" compile

    or, you can use the utlrp.sql script from $OH/rdbms/admin
    Jeff Hunter
    marist89@yahoo.com
    http://marist89.blogspot.com/
    Get Firefox!
    "I pledge to stop eating sharks fin soup and will not do so under any circumstances."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    chennai,tamil nadu,india
    Posts
    159
    alter function "NameFromLastDDL" compile

    Yes This Worked ....Thanks a lot...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width