DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can I consolidate many trc file into one to analyze it ?

Hi: I use weblogic connection pool to start 30 connection to Oracle , After use dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session , I got 30 trc file , Can I consolidate these file in one to analyze ? Thanks!!

no?

Yes you can. Simply concatenate them into one big trace file and run tkprof on it.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

you cant get the expalin if they were different user though?

the username is same

Hi: the user name is same ,connect to oracle user weblogic

Originally posted by pando
    you cant get the expalin if they were different user though?
    I can't see why not. Each trace information has user information built in, so there could be no problem about that.

Even in a single session you can use "ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA ...." to switch between different schema environments, yet you have no problems in obtaining explain plans from such a trace file. It's the same with concatenated trace files from different sessions.
    Jurij Modic

nono what I mean is when we tkprof using explain=username/password this normally has to be the user who ran the query (unless there are synonyms and sys can see them)

nono what I mean is when we tkprof using explain=username/password this normally has to be the user who ran the query (unless there are synonyms and sys can see them)
    Well, normaly you don't need to use explain=username/password when using tkprof at all. In trace file all objects are referenced by their object id, not by their names and synonyms. So there is no need to use explain=username/password, the execution paths are allready stored in the trace file. You should use explain=username/password only when you want to see actualy index names instead of their object_ids if neccessary. But if you do use explain=username/password then the explain plan in the output file might in fact be different that the one actualy performed when the trace vas collected!

See http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p...0_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:1264600478591
    Jurij Modic

yes I know that you can get different execution plan since tkprof is performaed later and the plan can change, just that the explain plan with tkprof looks more clear rather than the trace file

yes I know that you can get different execution plan since tkprof is performaed later and the plan can change, just that the explain plan with tkprof looks more clear rather than the trace file
    In fact, there is very little one can understand from the trace file. Usually, TKPROF is a must.
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com