How i can RENAME a database ?
Please write step by step.
1. Run as internal or sys "ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE;
2. You will get a trace file. Edit it so that it has the SET keyword:
CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE (new_name_of_the_database) RESETLOGS;
3. Shutdown immediate.
4. Make a cold backup.
5. Remove the existing controlfiles.
6. Edit init.ora to include db_name = (new_name_of_the_database).
6. startup nomount pfile=...;
7. Run the trace file from step 1 in order to create the new control files.
8. Run ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS;
9. Make full backup.
Oracle Certified Master
Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g
The most detailed step-by-step instructions to do that:
It explains the recovery operation after the db name renaming.
Hope that helps,
Senior Oracle DBA
In this scneario if he has taken cold backup after shutting down the database ,
he need not restore it right once the opens the database with resetlogs options
bcoz the idea was just to change the SID_NAME in the init.ora file. right ?
The backup one has to take is for precautionary purposes.
Eat , Drink & Enjoy life -
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width