DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle/Business Objects

Question

Cheers!

and hello - I' m a new member on this list - so hello from Frankfurt! I do work in the traffic area...

and we are using Oracle with Business Objects (BO)-
    my problem is:

We use defined reports in BO which are stored on the Oracle server (true?) - from time to time we are missing some of these reports - not knowing how and why.

Is there a posibility in Oracle to see - where these report are on the oracle server (name of the object in oracle)?
    Is there a posibility to monitor by whom and when reports (or tables etc) were deleted?
    Is there actually a table where I can see by whom and when an Object was deleted?

and I m new in the fields of Oracle-means: I need an easy explenation...

Thanks a lot for your help!

Joerg

I worked with BO about 4 years ago. I doubt that the reports are stored on the Oracle server. Here is why:

BO uses universes which are like the end user layer on Oracle Discoverer. They are representations of the data that make it easier for users to design or generate meaningful reports without understanding complicated data structures.

If the reports sit on top of the metalayer, they interact with the db, but may be on a completely different server.

MfG
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g