DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installation Issues 1

I am new to Oracle and having various installation difficulties.

After an install of Oracle 8i or 9i, (both Win2000 and WinNT 4) it is often very difficult to get Enterprise Manager to accept the default sysman login.

In 8i, I usually get a VTK-1000 message. In 9i, bad credentials. But by persisting with various activities (rebooting, starting, stopping services, using Configuration Assistant to do seemingly innocuous activities) I can sometimes log in, then all is fairly well. But I cannot find the magic combination that makes it happen reliably.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

if I rmemeber right (last time I configure an OEM was 1.5 year ago...) you have to be administrator of local machine

have you checked Metalink for this? there are often some good notes about configuring OEM, specially in Windows

however I never had problem connecting as sysman/oem_temp (I think this was the default password?), I had problems with scheduled jobs... many times but as you can see I quit using oem

Local Admin rights

Good thought. I do have local admin rights I believe.

I have been able to log in, but it is flaky. I can't quite pin down the problem. If I stop and start services enough and visit configuration assistant, eventually it accepts the login. Maybe just one of those things...

Thanks,

RAN

You gotta also have the"advanced priv. connect as batch job".
    With 1.5 ver. it was pretty bad with vtk error's or job scheduling etc you'd get the error or yet again the dr.watson.
    Although configuring oem 2.1.0 has worked fine for me.
    Try to do the job/evt scheduling with that.
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---