DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-01102 Cannot mount database in Exclusive mode

Unhappy

Hello,

I performed Shutdown Immediate in Oracle 8I and now I am unable to mount the database.
    I’m getting the following message: “ORA-01102 Cannot mount database in Exclusive mode”
    I only have one database running on this machine. It was automatically created by Oracle installer upon installation of Oracle software. I can no longer connect via SQL * Plus,
    Only through Server Manager (connect internal) Please advice on how to fix this. I am new at this so detailed advise is highly appreciated.

Thank you for your help,

Kira

is it unix

if u r using WIN NT/2000

check the services in control panel.
    if there is another service for Oracle ( u might have tried to create another database ) stop that service.

shutdown the database
    startup

if still the same error. check the instance name in v$instance
    Santosh Jadhav
    8i OCP DBA

Originally posted by funkygirl
    Hello,

I performed Shutdown Immediate in Oracle 8I and now I am unable to mount the database.
    I’m getting the following message: “ORA-01102 Cannot mount database in Exclusive mode”
    I only have one database running on this machine. It was automatically created by Oracle installer upon installation of Oracle software. I can no longer connect via SQL * Plus,
    Only through Server Manager (connect internal) Please advice on how to fix this. I am new at this so detailed advise is highly appreciated.

Thank you for your help,

Kira
    You are probably not starting up the right DB. Check that you have the right init.ora in the startup command and that ORACLE_SID is correctly set. If NT, then run first SET ORACLE_SID=XYZ, if UNIX then: ORACLE_SID=XYZ export ORACLE_SID.

I am almost sure that you are trying to mount a DB which is already mounted by the other intstance.

Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com