DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: personal home page login problem

Hi,

I have recently installed apps 11.5.5 on IBM AIX 4.3.3 and correctly followed all the steps. When I try to login through ICXINDEX.htm, after giving the sysadmin/sysadmin, I am getting the message 'Your session has expired. Please try again' and it loops there.

However, I am able to work with URL http://:8000/dev60cgi/f60cgi.

I have gone through most of the metalink staff and followed all the steps, but unable to solve the problem.

I had done the installation on HP 9000 recently and did not get such problem.

Can somebody please help.

Kailash

Hi,

Does your problem happen only on Internet Explorer? Or even Netscape?

Eddy Ng

I had this problem, you might want to check the following table to see what the settings look like.

SQL> select session_cookie_domain from icx_parameters;

I had a missing ' . ' before my domain name, after adding the dot, my personal homepage issue was resolved.

Hope that helps

blurry

Hi,

There are two columns you should aware, SESSION_COOKIE_DOMAIN & SESSION_COOKIE_NAME of table ICX_PARAMETERS. The values of these two columns should be like the follow:

SESSION_COOKIE_DOMAIN = '.domainname.com'
    SESSION_COOKIE_NAME = 'ses'

Please be aware of the leading dot '.' in SESSION_COOKIE_DOMAIN and replace the 'domainname.com' with your own domain name.

Eddy Ng

session_cookie_domain

Hi,

By default both session_cookie_domain & session_cookie_name were null. I had set the earlier with or without initial dot. Neither worked. Setting of session_cookie_name to ses did not work either.

However, as per some reference on metalink, I set the session_cookie_domain to NODOMAIN and it works fine now.

I however, do not understand the difference in the two. Does it depend on the way DNS/DCHP or LAN are configured?

Kailash Pareek

Hi,

Please notice that the value of SESSION_COOKIE_DOMAIN has to be the domain name the same as the one of Application server if it is not NULL.

And also if the SESSION_COOKIE_NAME is not set to 'ses', it will not work if you are using Internet Explorer as client instead of Netscape.

Eddy Ng