DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle server

I'm trying to install Oracle Server on a local computer,with Oracle 8.1.7.
    Everything's all right during install process,but then when I try to create a Database,I get ORA-3113 error...it's something like end of file on communication channel.
    I don't know how to solve it.Thanks

Hi,

From Oracle Docs:

If this message occurs during a connection attempt, check the setup files for the appropriate Net8 driver and confirm Net8 software is correctly installed on the server. If the message occurs after a connection is well established, and the error is not due to a physical failure, check if a trace file was generated on the server at failure time. Existence of a trace file may suggest an Oracle internal error that requires the assistance of customer support.

Vijay.
    Say No To Plastics

Hi,
    I had this problem on Sun/Solaris.
    If You're using Sun/Solaris here are some suggestions, else I do not know
    As end of file on communication channel is a very generic error, I would suggest You to look into the /etc/system file for errors in the spelling of the kernel parameters or of the semaphores.
    This error arises also when SEMMSL and SEMMNS are not set properly.
    How many instances on Your machine ?
    With only one instance running i've set them both to 160. The installation guide on tells You how to set them, but following it I got the same error (with both 160 it works).

Hope that helps
    Paolo