1. I deleted oracleservice using oradim.
oradim -delete -sid RND
2. I created the new service.
oradim -new -sid RND -intpwd PWD -pfile FILENAME
My problems -
1. My database could not start when my services are started auto.
2. I couldn't connect to sys. says invalid password
i changed it from internal using alter user statement
3. i couldn't SHUTDOWN from sys. gives
Any idea !!! am i missing something.
8i OCP DBA
check init.ora parameter
[Edited by sonia on 05-05-2002 at 08:21 AM]
8i OCP DBA
being connected as internal
did you try ..
connect sys/ as sysdba?
I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
--- Everything was meant to be
1. When u create the SID, u need not give the startmode option. By default it will be set as automatic.
Even if it is set as manual, go to Control Panel->Services and change it to Automatic.
2. For performing the STARTUP and SHUTDOWN operations your user should have the SYSDBA privileges.
If you want to perform all these things by connected as the SYS user then you should connect like,
connect sys/pwd as sysdba.
Say No To Plastics
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width