DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Master not a Master?

Hello all,

I have a problem with setting Snapshot group. After specifying remote DB TEST, master site "MASTER_GRP1", adding objects from MASTER_GRP1..etc. After all that, i press create, and i get error ORA-23313. Now i have explanation for this error, but its very confusing as my master site is realy a master...i meen it has a master group. Exact error is as folows :

ORA-23313 : Object group "PULIC"."MASTER_GRP1" is not mastered at TEST.US.ORACLE.COM.

My eye points to that "TEST.US.ORACLE.COM" as it shouldent be like that, but again i have set GLOBAL_NAMES = false.

Any help would be apriciated...

Thanks in advanced !

Since in other post u mentioned that u solved the DB link problem can u able to test the link . Since the link at Snapshot site is not able to identify the Master site u are getting this error.Finally what is your OS.
    regards
    akhadar

[Edited by akhadar on 04-29-2002 at 06:32 AM]

Hello,

My OS is Win2000 Prof. Problem is that the link is working....i can access Master site without problems now, and i can see object on it.

what type of Oracle version and what type of Snapshot u are trying to create be in detail.Are u using Replication Manager?

I am using Oracle EE 8.1.7, dooing rep with DBA Manager, since there is no Rep Manager in this version. I am trying to do Snapshot replication...master to snap..and viceversa.

Another problem i have is what ever i enter in snapshot table gets overwrited with date from master site. I want two-way replication, but cant find option for that...

Thanks

[Edited by Helix on 04-29-2002 at 10:55 AM]

Means your transactions at Snapshot are rollbacked due to contention. check for any errors at Master site mostly which tables are effected by contention. What about Snapshot logs did u created at Master site? .If u are creating Updateable snapshots with Fast refresh it is always advisable to create Snapshot logs at Master site. Try these options.
    regards
    akhadar

Ok, as i understand in DBA Studio, Snapshot group is used to create updateable snapshots, and Shapshots is used to create read-only snapshots right? i am confused about this.

Problem is i cant create Snapshot group, becuase i get error i explained in my first post in this thread.

U are confusing between updateable snapshots and read only,since in updateable snapshots u can do update,delete,insert which are replicated to Master. In the same way u can create Read only snapshots which are used only to query depending on the business needs and are updatad by Master on time bound basis.
    Since iam using Oracle 8.1.6 in which i used Replication Manager to create all the replication activities by simply following the wizard.
    yes indeed u can find the Replicaton manager by installing the Oracle Enterprise Manager release 2.2 which comes along with 8.1.7 where in the DBA studio u will find the this tool. Try to use this tool.
    all the best
    akhadar