DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ARCHIVE/NO ARCHIVELOG

Hybrid View

Hi all,
    'am currently running my database on noarchivelog mode (v 8.1.6..) and we are considering running the database in archivelog mode, but i need to know the limitation of archivelog mode

The question is wrong. There are no limitations in archivelog mode, there are only limitations in noarchivelog mode when compared to archivelog one.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

hi,
    I think there is a limitition, it's the storage you have, if you will save your archive log files on your hard disk than you will have a problem one day.

Regards.

Originally posted by: hany
    I think there is a limitition, it's the storage you have, if you will save your archive log files on your hard disk than you will have a problem one day.
    You won't have this problem if you have proper backup routine implemented.
    The limitation of "storage" is nothing compared to "not being able to recover the database to the current"

Sanjay

Exclamation

Think, if you are in noarchive log mode, you will need to make often cold backups of the entire database. So, the space wastage is more than in archivelog mode, where you need only hot backups, and this backups means: one full backup from time to time, and the archived logs. But, of course, you need a well-thought backup policy.
    ovidius over!