Hi Guys,
I have this Patrol thing that I want to set to monitor stuff. It has those parameters to be monitored. Some are straight forward. But some are not clear to me. Not all are important But I want to know what I'm monitoring. Can you take a look at the parameter and their definitions below and tell me waht they mean.......beggining by what a "non-excluded tablespace" is?

Thanks so much.

ExtentsLeftPct
graphs the percentage of extents that are left in a non-excluded object in a non-excluded tablespace. If all objects have unlimited extents then this parameter will not have a value, even if active.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
RSExtentsLeftPct
reports, for non-exclued tablespaces, the lowest number of additional extents available to any rollback segment.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
RSSpaceFeftPct
Reports the percentage of space left in non-excluded tablespaces which contain rollback segments.
collPQO
collects the information for the parameters in the ORACLE_PQO application
BlkChgRatio
reports the percentage of database block gets that are database block changes
RedoSmallCopyRatio
reports the percentage of redo entries that are redo small copies
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
ConsChgRatio
reports the percentage of consistent gets that are consistent change
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
RedoWaitRatio
reports the percentage of redo log entries that are redo log space requests during the last interval
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
ConsChgRatio
reports the percentage of consistent gets that are consistent change
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
(there are thresholds for all these but one in particular is off concern -------
ConsChgRatio
reports the percentage of consistent gets that are consistent change---the threshold for this is 5-100 -WARNING, why?

[Edited by ndisang on 04-19-2002 at 01:23 PM]