DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions Re : Oracle9i DBA Fundamentals I

Question

Hi,

I recently passed the Oracle9i Intro to SQL and I'm reviewing
    for the next exam - DBA Fundamentals I. Any suggestion on how to review for this exam ? I'll be buying the STS exam but only after I've reviewed all the topics covered. I used this mainly to check if I'm ready for the actual test.

Does anybody know any site with detailed study briefs or notes regarding the topics covered in Oracle9i DBA Fundaments I or the Oracle8i Architecture and Administration (since majority of the topics in the exam guide for Oracle9i is the same with Oracle8i). Many thanks !

Michael

I took Funda I exam 2 months back and i found most of the questions are from the areas where there are improvements in 9i over 8i. So give a thought for this. I followed Oracle documentation and 9i STS for this exam.

Thank you very much for the advice. I'll try to focus on the new features in 9i then. I find the Oracle9i SQL - STS exam very helpful and majority of the questions in the actual exam were covered in the practice test. Is it the same for the DBA Fundamentals I - STS exam ?

[Edited by mlualhati on 04-14-2002 at 09:32 PM]

I went through the 8i STS and 9i STS, they helped me. Not all questions are straight forward in the final exam, except few basic questions. But they helped me to build the confidence.

By the way exam paper contains 66 questions, but it will be internally divided into basic and mastery sections and 6 uncounted questions (we dont know how the questions will be separated). I felt Mastery section questions are very lengthy.

Good luck with your Exam.

I went through the 8i STS and 9i STS, they helped me. Not all questions are straight forward in the final exam, except few basic questions. But they helped me to build the confidence.

By the way exam paper contains 66 questions, but it will be internally divided into basic and mastery sections and 6 uncounted questions (we dont know how the questions will be separated). I felt Mastery section questions are very lengthy.

Good luck with your Exam.
    Krishna, OCP DBA 9i
    emailrk@yahoo.com
    "Satyameva Jayathe" (Truth Alone Triumphs)