DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ora-01031 with Windows AT

Hi

I have a couple of .bat setup which connects as Internal to shutdown the database and startup in Windows 2000, they work fine if I run them manually but if put in AT they fails with ORA-01031 insufficient privileges. I havent worked much with Windows so I cant think other things than probably enviroment variable settings. Also in AT it works if I use other users so basically this only happens with Internal

Does anyone know what may be the problem? The user is already a ora_dba group user

I expirienced the exact same problem using server manager in oracle 8.1.6 enterprise server on windows 2000. It also affects DBA studio as well. I am interested in this as well as I have not been able to figure out why internal/oracle loses privledges.
    Chester Ney
    CODY Computer Services
    System DBA

jr

my problem only happens with internal

For some reason internal/oracle works fine for awhile for startup/shutdown via svrmgrl or DBA Studio. It seems like when you assign the dba priveledge to another user it demotes internal/oracle. I could be wrong but this is what I've expirienced.
    Chester Ney
    CODY Computer Services
    System DBA

ok, I used now the GUI scheduler and it works because I specify in GUI what user will run this job whereas in MS-DOS AT I did not. What is puzzles me is this is inconsistent, in MS-DOS user system runs the job with no problems while internal fails but in GUI both works. May be internal is a powerful user I guess

cheers

this may be help some peeps with same problem, I changed again internal's password and AT started to work with no problems... both GUI and command-line based strange but true