DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No Replication..... Ref: Julian

Hybrid View

Hi Julian,

Without creating any Snapshot group and without associating any object to it can I refresh my master table from snapshot?

Means I have a updataeble snapshot , I have inserted few records , is that possible to refresh my master table where from snapshot has been derived, without any snapshot group.

Kutty

Yes, you can, you dont need a snapshot group. But if you want to refresh that table in Master Site, you need to have that same table in Replicated Objects.

I think Helix answered your question correctly.

Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

Hi Helix,

I created I created a updateable snapshot in replication site. Then inserted a record and commited the same. But I can not see that record in snapshot as well as in master site.

What u have told, does it mean that I have to create a table in replication site? If yes, then should I create a snapshot also or what?

Will you please explain the same elaborately. I will be really thankful to you.

Thanks

Hello Kutty, shure ill explain

Ok i sopose you have a Snapshoot site, and Master site, and i sopose you want to enter some data in Snapshot site, then replicate it to master, and vice-versa.

You need to create a updatable snapshot on Snapshot site. It depends what you actualy use, lets say you use Oracle Lite. So in Navigator you should drag a table from Master site to Snapshot folder in Snapshot site. Then on other side at Master site, you need to tell him what tables can be updated, so in Replication manager, click on Replicated Objects and click Add, select the same table you draged to Snapshot folder on Snapshot site. (you dont need snapshoot on Master site).

Now you should be able to enter some data in Snapshot site, then click on snapshot file, and click refresh.

I hope you understand now, i didnt want to go to much in detail, because this would turn to be a book

Hi Helix,

Thanks a lot and appreciate u.

By the way I am not using Replication Manager. I am doing the same from SQL prompt.

In that case

Quote : Drag the table into snapshot folder in snapshot site.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. How to do the same from SQL Prompt.?

Quote : Add the same table in master site
    =======================================
    2. How to do the same from SQL Prompt?

Regards

Sumit
    sumit

Hello,

All your questions are answerd here in simple way - Oracle SQL ref 8.0 :

http://storacle.princeton.edu:9001/o...4a.htm#1995015

and one about replications in detail :
    http://storacle.princeton.edu:9001/o...a58245/toc.htm

,i hope a mod wont mind me posting a link here.

[Edited by Helix on 04-08-2002 at 05:04 AM]