DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle Application 11i

Dear ....

I am working on Oracle Application 11i (11.5.5- Finance application) we have around 60 application users.

Before shutting down the database i have to send a mail to them for down time otherwise if they will lose the data.
    is there any way where i can send them a online message when they are using the application they will get a message "Database will not available after .... " etc etc.
    I mean to say shall i send a online message to them while they are using application instead of sending mail to them because sometimes they are really busy using application they might not get time to check the mail & if i shutdown the database they may lose the data .....

Please help me on above problem or please send me a mail on sthakkar1@rediffmail.com....

Thanks in advance ....

Regards
    Sanjay

You may use the CUSTOM library to develop a WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger procedure.

1. Define a new profile option contains an indicator / the message you want to pop-up

2. Develop a WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE (or other that you feel comfortable) trigger to look for the above profile option.

3. If the option value is not NULL, pop-up a message.

4. That's it.

Eddy