DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9i upgrade

Red face

i am currently preparing for 9i upgrade certification.i have practically read what is currently available out there except self test software which i hate couple with the fact that if i can read oracle books and understand it to pass all other oracle exams while waste money on it.
    Need last minute tips .i will be taking the test this coming friday.
    please don't suggest that i use examsheets.net guide.Their products is not actual exam and actual answers as they claim.

Originally posted by faldrous
    please don't suggest that i use examsheets.net guide.Their products is not actual exam and actual answers as they claim.
    Out of curiosity, I decided to purchase the examsheets.net for the Oracle9i New Features Exam. The questions were an exact copy of Self Test Software's test for the same. STS has been notified.

I requested a full refund once i determined this...they said they have no refund policy...and that they have a team of IT Professionals who wrote their questions.

Sounds like crap to me!!!!!!!!
    Edward Haskins, OCP
    OraKnowledge, Inc.
    www.oraknowledge.com

--"Live" Instructor-led Online Training for Oracle9i, Java and XML--

Like you I've never seen the point in doing endless questions. The aim is to understand Oracle, not learn a few answers parrot-fashion.

If you've read my revision notes and the PDF by Howard Rogers you should be most of the way:

http://www.oracle-base.com/Misc/OCPCertification9i.asp

I would advise doing a few questions, even if they are old 8i ones just to get back into the swing of doing the exam.

Remember, these are lots of "3 out of 5" and "4 out of 6" style answers so you may know most of the stuff but still fail th question. The more reading you do the more likely you'll pick up the extra details.

Good luck
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog