DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need suggestions on exam 1z0-001

Pretty man and all..

Mee too preparing for the 023 exam..

Any advise..what is the best and easy way to pass this exam...I am not that good in A&a subject like the way i am in SQL.

Please advise and help!!!!!!!!

http://studyguides.cramsession.com/c...in/default.asp

cramsession study guide is very nice!
    MCSE/MCDBA, OCP DBA 8i
    Working on SCJP -> SCJD

1Z0-023

The chapter they asked the most questions on was in regards to tablespaces (7 questions total). Every other chapter was hit between 2 and 4 times. The chapters regarding Profiles, privileges, security were the toughest. Also there were question regarding NLS parameters (character set) very much a pain. Everything else seemed to be pretty straightforward, it took me two months to prepare. I don't know of any "easy" way to prepare. I used:
    sybex
    examcram
    SelfTest software (very useful)
    couchman
    ILTS

The STS is broken down by chapter. I would take a chapter look at my score and then go back and reread the concepts/chapter (and practice). I did not review the questions until the day before the test because I was worried about "rote" memorization. Even so, there is still a tendency to memorize the questions/answers rather than the concepts.

aa needs through study of everything. Concentrate on STS and make sure that you get all the answers right when you are ready for exams. I have cleared AA, BR and PT. and so far I still feel that AA was most tough. Just need through study of all the chapters.

Good Luck!!

ILTS
    Can you let me know the full expansion of it?

I guess its: Intructor-Led Training. Can anyone tell me where to buy ILT books? Thanks.

yes! ILT ...Instructor led training

ILT books are not for sale. I got them with ILT training. There are some people selling/buying them on ebay. If you have some questions you can e-mail me at leod1969@yahoo.com

Be carefull if you buy ILT from the web. The real books have a lot of info in the footnotes. Softcopies are only slides for the instructors. Hope it helps.
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

Thanks, Leo for your info.

Leo, could you clarify please?

I bought a package of someone on EBAY for about $400 because I couldn't afford to pay for the Oracle Classes

========================================
    Here's what the set included:

SQL and PL/SQL: 2 volume set - 808 pgs

Architecture and Administration:2 volume set - 942 pgs

Performance Tuning:2 volume set - 756 pgs

Backup and Recovery: 2 volume set - 644 pgs

Network Administration:300 pgs
    ========================================

There are slides on the top of each page, and an explanation at the bottom of the page...does this mean that they are 'REAL'?

<>
    Also, Is is true that the questions on the test are taking directly from the slides on the ILTs??
    If so, doesn't this sound as if Oracle wants people to spend Thousands for the books just for this reason

Thanks