DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OCP 8 REtiring questions! URGENT HELP Needed

Question

Dear all,

I am on a Oracle 8 DBA track, and still have 2 more exams to complete (Performance Tuning and Network Admin) before OCP 8 retires end of this month. I will try to complete them before March 31, but what if I didn't pass them, do I have other alternatives other than taking all OCP 8i exams again?

Read in Oracle site, they have this "ORACLE8i Mix Release Path", that says I can do (in my situation) do IZO-024, IZO-026 PLUS a IZO-020, then I can get OCP 8i certification, is that true? Can someone advise?

Thanks,
    Ray

If they said that on web site, it must be true. You'd better to call them to make sure of it.

You have 3 basic choices:

1. Take the Oracle 8 Performance Tuning and Network Admin exams until the track retires. If you fail or just can't prepare in time:

2. Take the Oracle 8i Performance Tuning and Network Admin. Then you will be 8i certified (mixed track).

3. You can take Performance Tuning 8 and Network Admin 8i (or vice versa) and get the mixed 8i track certificate. I reckon Net8 for Oracle 8i is easier than the 8 one. You will not have to bother with the Inteligent Agent :-)

Anyway, no worries!

Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

You should work hard man...