DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SQL Loader problem

have used sqlldr to load a table from a well-tested script which has worked perfectly several times before.

On the latest load the first 120 records went into the table fine but then sql*ldr 'hung' - .

No error messages

Empty log File

nothing at all

The script is OK as it has worked before. I have also tested other script files and they now fail to run - again, no error messages etc.

Has anyone any suggestions; I suspect that it is not a direct problem with the sql*ldr scripts as I have re-tested these.

I did consider the 'out of space for table, tablespace or user' but these generally kick out error messages.

What is baffling me is the lack of error messages.

Help - does anyone have suggestions?

TIA

See whether you have a .bad or .dis files.

If you do not have any, experiment with it. Remove first 120 records from the datafile (since they are already loaded) and then try to reload and see what happens.

Remove the 121st record and see if that is the problem.

In these types of cases it is generally trial and error. Try messing with it till you get it right.
    Remember the Golden Rule - He who has the gold makes the rules!
    ===================
    Kris109
    Ph.D., OCP 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g DBA

If possible take a look at record 120 and 121 and see if there is any difference. This (along with kris109 responses) should give you some insight on what the problem could possible be.