SQL Loader problem
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: SQL Loader problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2
    have used sqlldr to load a table from a well-tested script which has worked perfectly several times before.



    On the latest load the first 120 records went into the table fine but then sql*ldr 'hung' - .



    No error messages

    Empty log File

    nothing at all



    The script is OK as it has worked before. I have also tested other script files and they now fail to run - again, no error messages etc.



    Has anyone any suggestions; I suspect that it is not a direct problem with the sql*ldr scripts as I have re-tested these.



    I did consider the 'out of space for table, tablespace or user' but these generally kick out error messages.

    What is baffling me is the lack of error messages.



    Help - does anyone have suggestions?



    TIA




  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    510
    See whether you have a .bad or .dis files.

    If you do not have any, experiment with it. Remove first 120 records from the datafile (since they are already loaded) and then try to reload and see what happens.

    Remove the 121st record and see if that is the problem.

    In these types of cases it is generally trial and error. Try messing with it till you get it right.
    Remember the Golden Rule - He who has the gold makes the rules!
    ===================
    Kris109
    Ph.D., OCP 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g DBA

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    88
    If possible take a look at record 120 and 121 and see if there is any difference. This (along with kris109 responses) should give you some insight on what the problem could possible be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width