DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Listener issue

Hi,

I upgraded my database Oracle 8.1.5 (on Disk A) to Oracle 8.1.7 (Disk B). That works fine. But I found that the listener(executabe TNSLNR) still points to the previous location(DISKA). I tried to modify the path in the registry and I got an error when I tried to restart the listener service.
    There seems that by changing he path pointing to the TNSLNR, the listener.ora path is lost as well.

Any help?

Tahnks

By default, the listener.ora file resides in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin. Either copy or link your current listener.ora file to the new $OH/network/admin directory.
    Jeff Hunter

Interesting..... I had the exact same thing happen to me when I upgraded from 8.1.5 to 8.1.7. I thought it was just something that I did incorrectly during the upgrade.....

Hi jeff,

The listener.ora file is in the new $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin. The upgrade create it the correct folder. Still does not work. The problem is that Oracle points to the old $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin. I guess there is an entry in the registry which indicates that, but I don't know which one.

check out in hkey_local_machine/system/currentcontrolset/services....
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---