DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $1 a how many OCP DBA!

You are entitled to your opinion.
    Jeff Hunter

Originally posted by julian
    It might sound reasonable, it might be true, but I don't believe it. I've been to almost all Oracle exams: I know very well how tricky the questions are. [/B]
    dude, im with u. when i took my exams, i spend btween 60-80 mins on each one.
    OCP DBA 8i
    ocpwannabe@yahoo.com
    -----------------------------
    When in doubt, pick 'C'.

Talking

{{dude, im with u. when i took my exams, i spend btween 60-80 mins on each one.}}

I'm waiting for NickL's reply to this one.
    You think I'm going to have an affair with you? --Stanley Kowalski

im sure it will be a lecture on why he thinks he's better than the rest of us, blah, blah, blah.... we know he's a bitter, frustrated man, we've herd it all b4...
    OCP DBA 8i
    ocpwannabe@yahoo.com
    -----------------------------
    When in doubt, pick 'C'.

I spent about 70 - 80 mins on all the exams also... it took me about 10 minutes to work up the will to press the FINISH button. But, to see that Green Bar it was a certain relief.

Sweet!
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia

I read in a very slow deliberate way. Any sort of test takes me alot of time, but I rarely have to re-read anything.

At University one of my friends could read an average novel in approximately 30 mins. I could barely turn the pages as fast as she could read. It was comical to watch. She revised for most of her exams by reading the core texts the night before the exams.

Some people can read and comprehend much quicker than others. There's no point comparing yourself to others where skills like this are concerned.

PS. That girl once read a book in the time it took her boyfriend to go to the toilet. I hope it was a short book rather than a world record dump
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog

How does it matter anyways. I too take enough time to take exams. I like to read and read again. But everyone has a different approach towards exams, and also towards real life scenarios oracle related or not.
    Whats advisable for one is a trivial issue for another.
    let's leave the examination issue to be dealt with the examining authorities. I don't understand the boasting part of it anyways but like i said each to his own....

Tarry

Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

Thumbs up

Originally posted by julian
    All I'm saying is I don't think it's unreasonable to pass the 8i upgrade in 25 minutes.
    It might sound reasonable, it might be true, but I don't believe it. I've been to almost all Oracle exams: I know very well how tricky the questions are. You must be bloody foolish to answer quickly to all questions and not use your time to revise the answers. If someone tells me that (s)he leaves an exam after 25', well Jeff, this inclines me to believe that he might have known the questions in advance.
    well, it wouldn't take you very long if you knew the ANSWERS in advance.

If I know the answer, or can identify what answer the question is looking for then there is no need for mark&review. As stated, some read faster than others. No biggie. As long as you pass, it matters little how long it took you (other than the quicker person got to go have a ham sandwich earlier than you did after the test! Whoop!).

- Magnus