DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Insufficient previlege

I'm trying to connect to my UNIX server database from Oracle enterprise manager console.I've OS authentication method in my UNIX system .My oracle user at OS is oraidv with pwd: oraidv.When i'm giving username: oraidv with pwd: oraidv and connect as sysdba from OEM console it's giving me an error :"ORA-01031: insufficient privileges". My oracle user is in a sysdba group at OS level..I've found lost of notes on this...and everyone is indicating..that u've to create password file make an entry in init.ora file as remote_password_file=exclusive...which is not there in my system..b'coz of remote_os_authent=true.is that possible to go for both authentication mehitd....plz help
    MOHIT

Whith type of OEM console u tried to use:
    standlone or u tried to connect to managnent server.
    ----------------------------------
    if u used connection to managnent server ur username and password doesn't works.
    u should use username and pwd from OEM managnent server not from DB.

Shestakov

Thanks for a reply.See i'm able to connect to my OMS fromthere i'm also able to discover service(target db).But when i try to connect to my target DB...it asks for Uername,passowrd and connect as : sysdba.I've found one note,it's saying that i've to create password file at my UNIX system and edit a init parameter remote_passowrd_file=exclusive. which is none rht now in my system..i'll create it,but my question is will it craete a problem b'coz i've password file and OS authentication method here.Plz help
    MOHIT