DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle rel2 Installation Problem on Linux

Hybrid View

Dear All!
    I am facing problem at database initialization stage when I am creating database at time of installtion.Details are..
    I am using Redhat Linux 7.0 with kernal 2.2.16,Glibc 2.1
    Oracle version is 8.1.6.0
    Installation is not giving any problem but when ever database is creating at time of initilazing database(80%) its hanged.I tried create through dbassist it is also not working.When I tried to create database manualy
    Svrmgrl connect internal
    startup nomount
    at stage of nomount system is not giving any responce.
    Please suggest me to solve the problem

Imtiaz Ahmed

Hi

Is your system meeting all the system requirments for oracle 8.1.6 and is there any error no being displayed

Regards
    Santosh

How much physical memory do you have and what is your SGA size? Is there sufficient memory to accomodate your SGA?

Sanjay

Originally posted by santoshym
    Hi

Is your system meeting all the system requirments for oracle 8.1.6 and is there any error no being displayed

Regards
    Hi!
    My system is meeting all the requirements.I search several sites.Right now I got that linux 7.x oracle 8i database creation is not possible from the redhat bugs.But it is possible to install on linux 7.0 enterprise Edition I am trying to install on EE edition. If any patches required please help me I am hanging at same position when ever I am trying to initialize database.
    Thanks