DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Building Forms II Question

Hello all

I am preparing for the Building Forms II exam. Has anyone in the forum taken this exam. I am studyig from the ILT books and I was wondering if the exam material comes out of only the chapters or does it include the Appendix's as well
    Don't be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

I am also taking "Build Internet Applications II" next month. RU preparing for the 022 or 032 exam? You can neglect the Appendix.

Additionally, it makes not much sense to take the 022 exam for afterwards you have to take the Reports exam in order to get the certificate.

Thanks Julian

I am taking 022. I have access to all the ILT's at work for Dev Release 2 so I will figured I will take them. I know its an extra exam but my company is paying for it and by passing all the Release 2 exams Oracle automatically upgrades you to Release 6i certification as well

Did you write your Building I exam yet. I wrote on Monday, not a bad exam if you have access to the ILT's, lots of questions on built-ins and properties

Good luck on your exam. I plan on writing Building II next Friday.

Don't be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

Yes, I have passed Forms I. You are right, lots of tricky questions on build-ins. I personally do not think Forms is a hit product of Oracle. It is not easy to use and you have to make a lot of stuff to make a normal application. It's a bit sloppy programme. I have done the same with Clarion which is much easier than Forms. There is no difference between the Release 2 and 6i exams.

Really

I didn't, know that, I figured the exams would be different. Maybe I will rethink my strategy.

There is almost no difference, meaning that 1 or 2 questions might be specific to the version but that doesn't mean that you cannot answer them.

If you know well Reports the better strategy is to take the Rel. 2 path, you get two certificates that way and you have certified Reports too but otherwise the better choice is to skip the Reports exam.