DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oracle 8i practice exam from Oracle Press

What do you guys think about Oracle 8i practice exams from Oracle Press?
    You think I'm going to have an affair with you? --Stanley Kowalski

TheSlob,

Personnally, I think that the Oracle Press tests are harder then the actual Oracle 8i tests. I have found that the STS test are much closer to the testing material. But the Oracle Press tests were good. Just my opinion.

antilles

I'd rather study too much and have to think on the practice tests than be stumped on the real test. Of course, that's just me.

Jeff Hunter

Question

Yes...I agree. Some of the practice exams like the STS & couchman etc. They all have errors to begin with so its takes alot of time just to figure out what the true answers are. I can't figure out the answers to some questions that I still trying toremember when I wrote the Sql exam. I missed by 3 and am fearful that I just won't be able to get it right again on the next one. I'm currently using an ILT textbook and even then its not truely clear. Can someone clarify the following:

If you connect as a system user (I interpret this as A DBA privledge ), you create a table and add constraints for the table, which dictctionary view would you look for the table and the constraints.

a. DBA-Tables and DBA-constraints
    B. User_tables and User constraints
    C. User objects & user tables
    D. DBA-objects and DBA tables

If you examine A) this is the table and constraints that are accesible in the database. B) is the ones that are owned by the user including system.

So in a sense you could see both a & b. but because of ownership I would pick B over A. Is my logic right?????

could be either a or b
    Jeff Hunter

Question

Thanks...I hope they allow for both I can't remember if it was (choose all that apply) or if it was just asking for one.

The other question I fell down on was something similar ie.
    you are asked to store and access data with an ORacle database. What facilities can assist you in doing this (this one was a choose all etc.)

a. tables _ yes I am sure on this one
    b. views - ? yes because views are based on table and they can be use to restrict access but you can store data using a view so I'm not too sure
    c. synonyms
    d. indexes
    e. triggers
    f. integrity constraints
    g. priviledges - you can control database access so I think you can choose this????
    h. roles - the same as priviledges.

What do you think???? I am almost attempted to choose all the objects that are listed in the ILT book ie. tables, views, synonyms, along with privledges and roles...
    ??? the only thing is the rest aren't used to store so then I thought maybe just leave it with tables.????

What do you say all you experts out there????

>you are asked to store and access data with an ORacle >database. What facilities can assist you in doing this (this >one .was a choose all etc.)

>a. tables _ yes I am sure on this one
    >b. views - ? yes because views are based on table and they >can be use to restrict access but you can store data using a >view so I'm not too sure
    >c. synonyms
    >d. indexes
    >e. triggers
    >f. integrity constraints
    >g. priviledges - you can control database access so I think >you can choose this????
    >h. roles - the same as priviledges.

hE'S ASKING WHICH FACILITIES ASSIST YOU..
    I WOULD SAY
    PRIV
    ROLES
    INT CONSTRAINTS AS WELL(BECAUSE ACCESSING/ IS MADE EASIER WITH REPEATED SQL'S
    VIEWS

I THINK THE ABOVE 4, TABLE HASTHE DATA STORED IN IT BY YOU, SO ASSIST I WOULDN'T KNOW...

CHEERIO

Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

Originally posted by marist89
    could be either a or b
    It is just B, not A for could this be one of those silly questions whose explanation is something like:

"A is not the correct answer, since there are no tables called DBA-Tables and DBA-constraints. The similar tables are DBA_Tables and DBA_constraints."

Originally posted by julian
    Originally posted by marist89
    could be either a or b
    It is just B, not A for could this be one of those silly questions whose explanation is something like:

"A is not the correct answer, since there are no tables called DBA-Tables and DBA-constraints. The similar tables are DBA_Tables and DBA_constraints."

Using that same logic, B is incorrect because there is no object named "User constraints" either. I think something was lost in the copying of the question...
    Jeff Hunter

Using that same logic, B is incorrect because there is no object named "User constraints" either. I think something was lost in the copying of the question...
    That's right. I didn't pay attention to "User constraints" :-)

There is something wrong with the question.