Well, I've shut down my database and now I can't start it again.
I can't even connect to instance. I'm trying to do this
Then I get error ORA-01017 invalid username/password ; logon denied
If I try to connect as connect sys/password as sysdba
or like connect sys/password@mydb as sysdba
or like connect sys/password@mydb
then I get error ORA-12514 TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect string
I've erased password file and recreated it again but I get the same results
P.S. OS is WIN NT and Oracle 8.1.7
what do you have in your tnsnames.ora file ??
1. use SVRMGRL
2. set your environment to the instance you want to log into
4. if CONNECT/INTERNAL is not working which mean that your password has changed.
5. If your password is changed and you don't know the password, change the password file at ORACLE_HOME\database\pwd.ora. what you need to do here is delete the old password and recreate the new one using ORADIM
let us know if you still have problem
Or else simply if you are in dba group .. Just use connect internal , It will connect you .. Ned not use password or connect string ..
if his prompt is :
I really doubt he could be in any group since he's using NT
I don't think so ..
In NT we must have ora_dba group . Programs/admin tools/user manger under that you can see ora_dba group . If he had logged to nT using any account under ora_dba group,he can be connected to oracle without any password or connect string ..Usually I won't use any password or connect string .. Just connect internal ,if prompted for password just return . Now on 9i release just connect sys as sysdba ..
Not trying to go off tangents follow these steps meticulously,
1. In configuration box(my computer) /services, you must have oraclestart and oraclestart start , if not start them.
2. start your TNSLSNR80 from services or thru cmd.exe prompt lsnrctl8x , then check status first ,if not started promt start.
3. Test your connection to the database , thry net8 utility.
create it if you didn't create it. Depending on how you created the instance(i prefer to use dbassistent , then custom creation helps you create you internal account...), but anyways keep all your passwords and test the connection here...
modify your lsnr.ora, tnsnames.ora files if required.
4. Tip:also check the registry, i prefer to have it clean from previous installations...
5. Let us know here if this worked.
I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
--- Everything was meant to be
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width