DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OPS Rman duplicate help needed

I am trying to duplicate via RMAN a two node OPS database to a single node instance. The datafiles copy correctly and the archive logs from the node where the backup was performed (lets say node A) restore but RMAN fails when trying to locate the next archive log that is not in the backup set but in a Archive logs back from the other node(node B). In the below example oprdb02 is the node the backups were taken from.

RMAN file is as follows:
    run {
    allocate auxiliary channel ch1 type 'sbt_tape'
    parms="ENV=(NB_ORA_SERV=alex, NB_ORA_CLIENT=oprdb021000)";
    set autolocate on;
    set until logseq 2531 thread 1;
    set archivelog destination to '/oprsand01/orarch01/DUP/';
    duplicate target database to OPRWS
    NOFILENAMECHECK;
    }

Anyone done this sucessfully? If so could i see a copy of your config file?

Regards,
    Eric

I am trying to duplicate via RMAN a two node OPS database to a single node instance.
    Hi Eric,
    I read 3 times the above and could not comprehend anything. Could you explain what you are trying to achive.

Sure. I have a Oracle Parallel Server (OPS) database that runs on two machines, lets say node A and node B. I want to have RMAN duplicate that database to another node C but a non OPS instance. The RMAN database backups run from node B. To restore an OPS instance you need the datafiles which are the same for node A and B, and you need the archive logs from node A and node B which are different. RMAN copys the datafiles (Raw LVs) to node C and copys the archive logs from node B. When it gets to the archive logs that are from node A RMAN gives an error: file can not be found.

Does anyone in this forum use Oracle Parallel?

Originally posted by lupester
    Does anyone in this forum use Oracle Parallel?
    Yes, yes :-))

If the duplication is to another host, as it is in your case, then you must make the archived redo logs available in the expected location in the new host. Are the archive redo logs there?

Yes,
    this directory gets loaded with the archive logs from Thread 2 but not thread 1.

set archivelog destination to '/oprsand01/orarch01/DUP/';

The archive logs from thread one are backed up with the database backup, they are backed up with a archivelog backup. I have even tried copy all the archive logs to the above directory but RMAN does not recognize it. I must do a manual recovery.

Regards,
    Eric