DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Table REsizing Question

My EFS TABLESPACE is 100 Megs in size.
    currently my table document is: initial 8M, next 1 mg and it has 505 extents extended to 700. If I make the initial 600M and next 1M do i need to increase tablespace to 700M?

Jigar
    "High Salaries = Happiness = Project Success."

first of all if you dont do alter table move or export import you cannot change initial extent

secondly your question is dodgy... you say your tablespace is 100MB and you have a 700MB TABLE????

thirdly I strongly recommend you have a read Oracle concepts from tahiti.oracle.com since I think you are confusing between some basic concepts

Unhappy

Pando,
    I am saying that.. my efs tablespace is 100 Megs. I am saying that I have a table called "documents" is about 16,184k in size. currently its initial is 8104k and next at 1m with 505 extents with 2 chained row. I was told that I should resize(recreate) the document table with newinitial 600 megs with 1 meg next. So questions is do i have a tablespace bigger then 600 Megs to accomdate this?

Jigar
    "High Salaries = Happiness = Project Success."

Yes, you would need 600M to have an INITIAL 600M storage clause.

(I agree w/pando, something is off on your math. 1 extent @8M + 505*1M != 16,184K)
    Jeff Hunter