DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OEM 9i

Hi,
    I have configured Oracle Enterprise manager for 9i.While login standalone i am able to see the databases or i am able to add a new database entry.But when i am login to management server ,i am not able to see any databases ,and there is no option of adding a database also.Can any one help in adding the database entry.
    Thanks

Hi amits,

Your problem is you havenĀ“t configured the repository for OEM anywhere.

Best regards

Angel

Oracle9i Enterprise Manager config...

Oracle9i comes with Enterprise manager. Did you install oracle 9i EM using the same oracle home or different home?

here are the steps :

1. Start Enterprise manager (management server) service/deamon?
    2. Launch Oracle 9i EM
    3. Run node discovery
    4. Add databases from the tree
    5. Make sure you have Oracle agent service running before running discovery.
    6. If still unable to connect.
    7. Launch DBA studio and add databases to the tree.
    8. (follow step 1 thru 5)

hope this helps...

cheers!!!!
    e-mail : oraclemz@yahoo.com (let me know the results)

Do you have the agent running on each of the databases?

Hi,
    I have already created the repository and Oracle agent service is also running.I am not able to find any icon add database from tree.Moreover there is no DBA Studio component in Oracle 9i.
    Any other suggesstion.I am having Oracle 8i and 9i both on a server.
    Amit

Moreover there is no DBA Studio component in Oracle 9i.
    Why don't you install DBA studio? And why don't you open an iTar with Metalink?

I too do not have DBA studio with OEM 9i.

Perhaps (just perhaps) it is no longer part of 9i? I went to the custom part of the Universal Installer and could not find it under any branch.
    Don't blame me, I'm from Red Sox Nation.

Originally posted by gopi
    I too do not have DBA studio with OEM 9i.

Perhaps (just perhaps) it is no longer part of 9i? I went to the custom part of the Universal Installer and could not find it under any branch.
    Note that 9.0.1 eliminates DBA Studio and integrates DBA Studio into the console, so you don't have to launch a separate tool for most of your needs.

To start DBA studio in 9i: start, OracHome9i, Enetrprise manager Console. That's it.

Hi.

When using the management server nodes must be discovered to add them to the tree. If this discovery process fails you get the option to add the node manually.

- Launch OEM, selecting to use the management server, not standalone. The default username/password is sysman/oem_temp

- From the menu select Navigator -> Discover Nodes...

- Enter the full machine name or IP address for each node you wish to discover ie. server1.acme.com or 123.123.123.123

- Click next and wait.

- If discovery fails click next and you will be presented with the options Retry, Skip and Manual. If you do not have an intelligent agent of the db server select Manual and click Next.

- Enter the database name, port and SID and click finish. ie. TSH1.WORLD, 1521 and TSH1

- Whether discovered automatically or manually the node and database instance should now appear in the tree.

- Expand the database intance and a login prompt will appear. Pick a suitable login with SYSDBA privilege and check the "Save as preferred credentials" option. This will prevent you having to constantly type the password.

- If you need to adjust previously set preferred credentials this can be done by selecting:

Configuration -> Preferences -> Preferred Credentials Tab.

It's worth getting into OEM. If you use it correctly it will save you a fortune on buying third part DBA tools.

Good luck

[Edited by TimHall on 01-30-2002 at 07:26 AM]
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog