DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: invalid objects

Hybrid View

Could someone tell me why the objects in the database were invalid, it happened three or four times already, I checked with the users and they didn't run anything special which could cause the objects in the database invalid.

I am running 8.1.7.2.5 on Windows 2000, I upgraded this database from 8.1.6 month ago.

What could cause the objects in the database invalid. and how to trouble shoot this problem.

Please advise

Objects sometimes go invalid if object they depend on where altered. Check dependancies with a script similar to http://home.adelphia.net/~marist89/s...how_depend.htm
    Jeff Hunter

jEFF,

I ran the scripts but there are no dependent objects. Could you please let me know how to trouble shoot this problem again ???
    thanks

hi,

there is one sql which sounds like validate in oracle_home/rdbms directory or upgrade directory....
    after upgradation, u can use this sql to validate any invalid objects.

Thanx
    sanjay

I'm not suprised there are no dependant objects. The objects that were invalidated DEPEND on another object. Check dba_objects.created and dba_objects.last_ddl for objects where created/altered/compiled in the last few days. Then get the dependancies for THOSE objects. Odds are the objects that are invalidated will be a dependant of the objects that were modified.
    Jeff Hunter