DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: updates lost at snapshot site

Hello friends

I configured a Advanced updateable snapshot site.
    Recently during Manual refresh what i observed is,even though the manual refresh able to complete with some errors for update,delete and insert.But the unusual thing is once the manual refresh is comlete all the changes made at Snapshot site lost and the data was there similar to Master site before update.Why this happend?.Any one can able to give their remarks and sujjestions on this as early as possible as now i stopped the replicaton between snapshot site and Master site.
    regards
    akhadar

Hi,

I think you should have at least one refresh group with n snapshots in. Then if you refresh the group, if one of the snapshots have errors the operation is rollbacked. Try to solve the errors and then refresh again (first time I will do a complete refresh).

Hope that helps

Angel

Thank u angel
    I will try to rectify the errors in the snapshots and will try to refresh the group again and will be back with the result.But still my doubt is if the operations are rollbacked,what happend to the changes made at Snapshot?they too should be rollback is it?.But this thing is not happend in this case.since i lost all the changes i made at the snapshot site.Can u put some more light on this issue please.
    regards
    akhadar

I think your doubt is:

You have three refresh groups (one,two,three), you refresh the three groups but only the one have error, then only this operation is rollbacked, the others snapshots will be correct refreshed.

Do you understand now?

No angel still iam not clear.
    Actually iam having only one Refresh group with multiple snapshots o.k.Means after making changes to these snapshots when i manually Refresh the Refresh group if any of the snapshots are having errors as per your version all the operation should be Rollback o.k.But what i observed is i lost all changes that are made at the snapshot site and the data now at Snapshot site is similar to the Master site before update.
    regards
    akhadar

Are you refresh only the group or snapshots individually?

Iam refreshing whole group.

Then I don't understand how can you have the same data in snapshot site than in master site, because as I said above, the operation has been rollbacked.

Sorry

Thank u angel this is what puzzling me too! Iam trying to investigate it.
    regards
    akhadar