DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hardware requirement for Oracle Financials

Red face

Dear Friends,
    Can anyone give me some information about the minimum server configuration required to run Oracle Financials at our site.I need it as urgent as possible.

Regards,
    Rohit Nirkhe,Oracle DBA,OCP 8i
    rohitsn@altavista.com

Hi

We are having the following Configuration, to run the Oracle Financial Application

1. Server : HP LH4 (1GB RAM, 60GB HDD)
    2. Oracle Application : 11.0.3
    3. Database : 8.0.5
    4. OS: Win NT 4.x SP 6

But Running Oracle Application in Unix platform will be the better proposition.

Anandharaj
    a_anandharaj@yahoo.com

Hi,
    Thanks for the valuabel inputs.Okay can you tell me how many users get connected on Oracle financials .We have max 5 users who will be using Oracle financials.
    Okay I want to know is there more than 2 instances for oracle financials ie. test and production and also can you give in little what is the architecture of the database and also some links about Oracle financial srever configurations.

Regards,
    Rohit Nirkhe,Oracle DBA,OCP 8i
    rohitsn@altavista.com

Hi Rohit

You can create n number of Users in Oracle financial Applications thro SYSADMIN responsibility...

You need to have set of cd media for complete installation of oracle finanical application. You can have three CDs viz....1.production database cd, Test databse cd and Visual demo Cd.

Production and Test instance are more or less same configuration. But Vision Demo instance will be preloaded sample data provided by Oracle.

It is better to install all the three instances.

i used to make use of TEST instance as not only Testing the modules, but also taking backup of entire production instance.

I used to transfer data from prod to test by every weekend.

You can search further details from otn.oracle.com

Anandharaj
    a_anandharaj@yahoo.com

Sounds like you have a basic configuration with little users.

As with any Oracle system, the more RAM the better. The default PROD database is configured for an SGA of about 320M. If you are running both tiers on the same box, I would count on 1G per instance. If you are running PROD, TEST, and VIS on the same box, I would go with 3G RAM.

The default database fits on an 18G disk per environment. Depending on which modules you install will determine how much data will be in each database. The application software takes about another 18G per environment. In order to install the software (13 CDs with 11.5.3), I followed the suggestion in the install Doc and copied them all to disk and installed from there.

My test environment (TEST & DEV) is a Sun Ultra2 (2x400Mhz, 2G RAM) attached to 4x18G SCSI drives. This was fine during the learning phase, but if more than 10 people are on it testing a new module, they can definitely tell the difference.

A documentation CD comes with the software. That is your best bet for information. I have not had a lot of luck finding technical information online.
    Jeff Hunter

Yes Mr. Mr.Jeff Hunter, You are correct.

Since our old NT server was giving lot of kernal level problems, we have migrated the Oracle Application from Win Nt to Sun Solaris

The Configuration is:
    ==============
    1. Server : Sun Sparc-II Ultra E450
    HDD: 2x18 GB for OS RAID, 4X32 GB for DATA
    RAM : 3 GB
    Processor: 480Mhz x 3 Nos

2. Oracle Application : 11.0.3

3. Database : 8.0.6

4. OS: Sun Solaris version 8

Now it is working fine...

We are thinking of migrating Oracle Application from 11.0.3 to 11.5.4 (11i) and Database 806 to 817...for better performance and Periodical changes of Oracle Certification (Support).

Anandharaj
    a_anandharaj@yahoo.com