DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing test date

Unhappy

I am considering changing the date of my exam and I would like to get some feedback on it.

I've heard that once the test is re-scheduled, questions on the new test seem to be much more difficult.

I am not sure if it is true. How can someone compare the tests if the first one was never taken?

Or maybe people who did change test were so unprepared.

Please share your opinion here. The test I am about to take is the Net Admin test. No, it is not the last one for me, I skipped PT for now.
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

I'll let you know tomorrow. I've rescheduled my P+T test 4 times. For what it's worth, I rescheduled my B+R test a couple of times and scored 47/60(I'm sure that getting into a car accident that Tues, quitting my job that Wed and almost hitting a pedestrian while going to take the exam on Sat had nothing to do with the bad score ;-)). In all seriousness, I studied mainly from the Sybex B+R book, which is pretty inadequate. Still, the questions appeared harder than the A+A and PL/SQL exams I've taken(with no reschedules), which is contrary to the view some people have taken regarding B+R(relatively easy). Maybe it's true...
    JT

Have you tried Net Admin yet?
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

No. I'm taking P+T tomorrow and NA next week(if I survive PT). NA will be my last test.
    JT

BUR Test

Well Leo & JT

I've scheduled my BUR test on Feb 1st. I'm also using the Sybex Study Guide & STS formy exam. Your comments are worth considering that the exam is hard & Sybex Study Guidw is inadequate for the test prep. Any advice or tips from you guys on preparation on this exam would be helpfula and greatly appreciated.

What type of questions are on exam by that I mean straight forward, tricky, Scenario based, fill in the blanks????????????

Thanx.
    Shaan - Virginia - USA
    rshaan@hotmail.com

I never said B&R was very difficult. The questions were straight forward unlike the questions in SQL and A&A. I passed it very well (55/60).

I used ILT+STS+BFQ to prepare.

Search older threads for tips/questions.
    Good luck.
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

Regarding questions. 1/3 was on rman. No fill in the blanks
    on any of teh 3 tests I wrote.

There were a few rman scripts and some questions ( liek is it correct syntax, what does it do).
    One scenario based regarding what backups need to be restored ( incr backups).
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

My experience with B+R is somewhat skewed. I had a very bad week and relied too much on the Sybex book for the exam. IMHO, the book doesn't cover the exam objectives very well, although it's still a good book to review. I had a mess of scenerio based questions(roughly 15 or so) and the test questions were more obtuse that I had for the previous tests. For the record, I scored 52/57 on SQL and 57/64 on the A+A. The B+R exam left a bad taste in my mouth regarding future tests. This P+T I've got tomorrow is got me running scared. Looks like I'll have to knock back a few, regardless of the outcome, just to calm down...
    JT

Also there were no fill in the blanks questions in any of the exams I've taken. I wouldn't worry about seeing them on the test.
    I don't know if it's my experience alone, but the more difficult questions seem to be placed at the beginning of the exam. Maybe just to scare the bejesus out of the test taker...

Good luck on your exam.
    JT

This P+T I've got tomorrow is got me running scared. Looks like I'll have to knock back a few, regardless of the outcome, just to calm down...
    Do not worry. P&T is not difficult. Did you pass B&R?