DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Management Service not created

I had a test database set up with OEM and a management server. While I was away, some changes were made to the init file and the server was bounced and the management server disconnected. When I returned I had to reinstall OMS because of several problems but it still does not create a Management Server service even though I go through the install and it says it is successful and I tell it to use the existing repository.

Any ideas?

Thanks

What is your OS/DB versions? It could be because that you have to start your management server. On unix systems, you would start that by

oemctl start oms

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Oracle 8.1.7 on NT

The service is not created so I can't start it. I can't ping with the oemctrl ping oms either. It says the service doesn't exist.
    I've reinstalled both the Management Server alone and then Oracle 8.1.7 and while it says it has installed OMS and the repository has been created, the Management Server Service doesn't exist. I can't start it with the oemctrl start oms. I've deleted the repository and created a new one - no difference!

I do not know what changes were made to my configuration in my absence and that makes this more confusing.

Thanks for any assistance.

Check your registry for any kind of clashing?

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!