DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Trial version of Developer 2000/6i

Talking

Hello!

Does anyone knows where I can get the trial version of Developer 2000/6i software CD?(not download from OTN)?

Thanks
    John
    :confused:

AFAIK Oracle don´t have a "demo version" of nothing. In OTN (the official local to go !) they put FULL versions, only without support (of course), and with a CONTRACTUAL clause with use at work forbid.
    IF you don´t want to download, you can buy the CD with the same version of OTN, it will cost you just a few dollars plus shipping, IIRC.

Regards,

Chiappa

Thank you for the reply. But, I couldn't find the CD for Developer 6i/2000 in the oracle's official site. Could you tell me exactly where I can get those CD from Oracle?

thanks

Me too!!!

Yes, I need to know how to obtain the trial version as well for the
    Oracle Developer 6i 2000. My OS is windows 98, will the demo from
    Oracle store work with Windows 98?
    Jung, are you going for the Oracle Developer certification? What is
    your background with Oracle, and in the IT industry?

Thanks,

In http://technet.oracle.com/software/content.html , at the bottom of the page, you see :

"You may purchase 30-day evaluation copies of Oracle products from Oracle Store for $39.95 each.", and there is a link to Oracle Store here.
    OBS : it say "for US-residents" - if you don´t reside in US maybe you must ask to your nearest Oracle rep (I, myself, don´t reside in US. but my local Oracle rep was able to do it for me).

Another point : it says "30-day evaluation", but it is the same software from OTN : full versions, restricted only by a contract to use during 30 days

[]s

Chiappa

Question Internet Developer Suite CD Pack 1.0.2.4.1 for MS Windows

JChiappa,
    Thank you for the reply. I have checked the Oracle Store,but I couldn't find the Developer's CD pack.I found the CD pack called : Internet Developer Suite CD Pack 1.0.2.4.1 for MS Windows . Is this CD pack include the Developer 2000/6i?
    OR you were talking about the other products?. Let me know where I can find the Developer 2000/6i CD pack

And NickL,

Actually,I just graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in CS and am looking for any Oracle jobs. I am trying to get certified as a Oracle DBA(I have passed PL/SQL and Admin) as well as Developer. I have some Database Development experience on both Oracle and SQL server( but not much though :-) Let me know if you are preparing for those certifications(DBA,Developer), we might share some good information...

Thanks
    Jung ^ | ^

Yes, that CD pack include Developer 6i (2000 is an old version, discontinued). It´s called "Internet Developer" bcause it includes , besides client-server Forms & Reports, web-enabled versions and Java environments (JDeveloper), among other things . I´m using the full-licensed version (I´m at work) , buyed from my local Oracle rep, but AFAIK the version in Oracle Shop is the same.

I suggest send an e-mail and confirming this before any $$$ get involved.

Regards,

Chiappa